Friday, June 09, 2006

Top tens 1960-65

More personal top tens from around this date 1960-65:
June 9, 1960: 1. Good timin' - Jimmy Jones; 2. Down yonder - Johnny & the Hurricanes; 3. That's love - Billy Fury; 4. Let the little girl dance - Billy Bland; 5. Three steps to heaven - Eddie Cochran; 6. Wonderful world - Sam Cooke; 7. You'll never know what you're missing - Emile Ford; 8. Robot man - Connie Francis; 9. Got a girl - Four Preps; 10. He'll have to go - Jim Reeves.
June 9, 1961: 1. Feel so bad - Elvis Presley; 2. That old black magic - Bobby Rydell; 3. Hello Mary Lou - Ricky Nelson; 4. Running scared - Roy Orbison; 5= Travelling man - Ricky Nelson, & Stick with me baby - Everly Brothers; 7. Temptation - Everly Brothers; 8. Weekend - Eddie Cochran; 9. I'll step down - Garry Mills; 10. Buzz buzz a diddle it - Freddy Cannon.
June 13, 1962: 1. The crowd - Roy Orbison; 2. Number one man - Bruce Channel; 3. How is Julie - The Lettermen; 4. Palisades Park -Freddy Cannon; 5. That's old fashioned - Everly Brothers; 6. Soldier boy - The Shirelles; 7. I was born to cry - Dion; 8. The man who shot Liberty Valance - Gene Pitney; 9. I can't stop loving you - Ray Charles; 10. My real name - Fats Domino.
June 11, 1963: 1. Da doo ron ron - The Crystals; 2. It's my party - Lesley Gore; 3. Falling - Roy Orbison; 4. Mad goose - The Piltdown Men; 5. Black clowd - Chubby Checker; 6. It's been nice - Everly Brothers; 7. Another Saturday night - Sam Cooke; 8= Rocking crickets - Rocking Rebels, & This little girl - Dion; 10= Road runner - Count Victors, There goes my heart again - Fats Domino, and This empty place - Dionne Warwick.
June 9, 1964: Bama lama bama lu - Little Richard; 2. Romeo and Juliet - The Reflections; 3. When you walk in the room - Jackie DeShannon; 4. Dimples- John Lee Hooker; 5. Evenin' - Jimmy Witherspoon; 6. My guy - Mary Wells; 7. Tell me what I can do - Tony Orlando; 8. No particular place to go - Chuck Berry; 9. You're a wonderful one - Marvin Gaye; 10. Can you do it - The Contours.
June 7, 1965: 1. Help me Rhonda - The Beach Boys; 2= Mr Pitiful - Otis Redding, and Voodoo woman - Bobby Goldsboro; 4. I've been loving you too long - Otis Redding; 5= Something you got - Chuck Jackson & Maxine Brown, and I can't help myself - The Four Tops; 7. It ain't me babe - Johnny Cash; 8. From all over the world - Jan & Dean; 9. The price of love - Everly Brothers; 10. People get ready - The Impressions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home