Friday, January 26, 2007

More great oldies


More personal top tens from the golden years of the early 60s, as recorded at the time. Some interesting ones here:
Jan 26, 1961: 1. Calendar girl - Neil Sedaka; 2. Sad mood - Sam Cooke; 3. Rubber ball - Bobby Vee; 4. Will you love me tomorrow - The Shirelles; 5. Piltdown rides again - Piltdown Men; 6. Angel baby - Rosie & the Originals; 7. Are you lonesome tonight - Elvis Presley; 8. You're sixteen - Johnny Burnette; 9. Many tears ago - Connie Francis; 10= Pepe - Duane Eddy, and What to do - Buddy Holly.
Jan 27, 1962: 1. It will stand - The Showmen; 2. I could have loved you so well - Ray Peterson; 3. La Bamba - Ritchie Valens; 4. Mr music man - Jimmy Jones; 5. The wanderer - Dion; 6. Lonesome number one - Don Gibson; 7. Farewell farewell - Johnny & the Hurricanes; 8. Crying in the rain - Everly Brothers; 9. I can't help falling in love - Elvis Presley; 10. I cried my last tear - Ernie K-Doe.
Jan 26, 1963: 1. Little town flirt - Del Shannon; 2. Tell him - The Exciters; 3. Everybody loves a lover - The Shirelles; 4= He's sure the boy I love - The Crystals, My little girl - The Crickets, and Trouble is my middle name - Bobby Vinton; 7= That's life (that's tough) - Gabriel & the Angels, Walk right in - Rooftop Singers, and Ruby baby - Dion; 10= Half heaven - half heartache - Gene Pitney, and Zip-a-dee-doo-dah - Bob B Soxx & the Bluejeans.
Jan 28, 1964: 1. Louie Louie - The Kingsmen; 2. When the lovelight starts shining through his eyes - The Supremes; 3. Drag city - Jan & Dean; 4= Baby I love you - The Ronettes, and Tonight you're gonna fall in love with me - The Shirelles; 6. Um um um um um um - Major Lance; 7. Girls grow up faster than boys - The Cookies; 8. Need to belong - Jerry Butler; 9= When the boy's happy - Four Pennies, Can I get a witness - Marvin Gaye, and Doo wahh diddy diddy - The Exciters.
Jan 29, 1965: 1. Shake - Sam Cooke; 2. Hold what you've got - Joe Tex; 3. You've lost that lovin' feeling - Righteous Brothers; 4. Leader of the Pack - Shangri-Las; 5. The name game - Shirley Ellis; 6. Night train - James Brown; 7. Amen - The Impressions; 8. Come see about me - The Supremes; 9. Dance dance dance - The Beach Boys; 10. Baby don't you do it - Marvin Gaye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home