Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Festivals

I have confirmation that I will get a press pass for the Ponderosa Stomp to write something for MelodyTrip.com. The fact that there will be no fewer than three stages going simultaneously means that I am bound to miss quite a few acts. But there is enough going on to keep me interested throughout. The potential highlights for me are Barbara Lynn, Roy Head, Dave Bartholomew, Dan Penn, Augie Meyer, Jay Chevalier, Bobby Rush, Dale Hawkins, Joe Clay and Willie Tee, but there are so many others that it will be difficult to choose. I'm promised a free pass for the first weekend of Jazzfest and again there's almost too much to choose from, even if the overall quality isn't what it used to be. There's Irma, Jerry Lee and many many more. Not sure yet what we shall be doing after the Stomp, but I may drive up to Memphis where Jerry Lee is playing yet again. On the other hand we may just laze around.
Porretta's looking good and I am getting close to committing to that festival as well. This features a Tribute To Stax 50th Anniversary” with Booker T. & The MGs, Wayne Jackson of the Memphis Horns plus the Blues Brothers Band with Eddie Floyd, Jimmy McCracklin, Sir Mac Rice, Sugar Pie DeSanto, Sweet Nectar (Jimmy’s background singers) and Betty Harris. Altogether plenty to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home