Thursday, April 26, 2012

Top ten 45s - Coral

John Spencely has prompted me to speed up my vinyl obscurities series by listing my favourite 45s on various labels. He listed his top Coral singles (excluding Buddy Holly) on Facebook so here are mine:
Jackie Wilson - Reet Petite
Frances Burnett - Please Remember Me
Bob McFadden & Dor - The Mummy
Jackie Wilson - Doggin' Around
Crickets - Baby My heart
Jackie Wilson - A Woman A Lover A Friend
Count Victors - Road Runner
Jackie Wilson & Linda Hopkins - Shake A hand
Jackie Wilson - No Pity (In The Naked City)
Young Holt Trio - Wack Wack
Here's Road Runner on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXAIaCK_6Zk

2 Comments:

At 10:48 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for speeding up this process - I got a little excited by going through my collection again!

great list and can't believe I left out the Count Victors (schoolboy error there John!)never heard the Francis burnett 45 - just tried to youtube it but seems it never has been posted. Will have to see if it's on the internet anywhere else. like your two choices for Jackie wilson - i've got 15-20 of his Coral singles and all of them are contenders in any list I'd compile.

Great taste as ever Nick!

John S

 
At 7:49 am , Anonymous Paul Waring said...

Your top three Jackie Wilson's are big favourites of mine too, Nick.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home