Here's a selection of photos of artists taking part in this year's free Crescent City Blues & BBQ Festival which took place in Lafayette Square, New Orleans.
1. Little Freddie King kicked off the first afternoon at the festival.
2. This is Serbian blues singer (if that's not a contradiction in terms) Ana Popovic.
3. One of the early acts on a so-so second day, the first full one, this is King James.
4. Dressed in pink, this is 82 year old Leo .Bud' Welch, who I have now seen four times in just over a month.
5.. New Orleans singer/guitarist Papa Mali.
6. Walter 'Wolfman' Washington performed an excellent set.
7. Also good was Joe Louis Walker.
8. Headliners on day two were Los Lobos.
9. Day three kicked off with Luke Winslow King.
10. This is soul man Brother Tyrone.
11. Young New Orleans singer Mia Borders.
12. Here is blues man Vasti Jackson.
13. An up and coming Americana snger with a distinctive voice, this is Valerie June.
14. The last three acts really lit up the festival. Here's the first of them, the great Denise Lasalle.
15. A star of the chitlin circuit, this is southern soul singer Mel Waiters.
16. These are Mel's backing singers.
17. Always great fun and a fantastic performer, here's the headliner on the final day Bobby Rush.
18. Bobby's shows would not be complete without his booty girls. Here they are with Bobby.