Thursday, May 20, 2021

Original soul LPs part 1

In view of the lack of live gigs or trips to festivals etc to report, I thought I would feature some of the LPs that I have taking up space at home. I've never counted how many records I have but they run into many thousands of LPs and 45s plus a relatively few 78s. I store my LPs according to genre so here is the first part of the section I call Southern Soul, comprising (mostly) 60s and 70s soul records recorded in and around Memphis. The first selection includes records by Arthur Alexander, Rance Allen, Darrell Banks, J J Barnes & Steve Mancha, Archie Bell and the Drells and Solomon Burke. No reissues or later compilations are included.
The next batch includes LPs by Bill Black's Combo, J Blackfoot and Booker T and the MGs.
Picture three has LPs by Booker T and the MGs and the Box Tops.
Fourth and final selection this time features LPs by Shirley Brown, Don Bryant, Solomon Burke and James Carr. More to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home