Sunday, March 26, 2006

My first top ten

I began my personal top ten on this date on 1960 and continued it until the end of 1965. I was only 13 when I compiled the first one (hence the inclusion of some pretty crap records) but here it is, plus the top tens from around this date in 1961 to 65.
March 26, 1960: Sweet Nuthin's Brenda Lee; 2. String along Fabian: 3. Beatnik fly, Johnny & the Hurricanes; 4. What in the world's come over you Jack Scott; 5. He'll have to go Jim Reeves; 6. Who could be bluer Jerry Lordan; 7. Summer set Acker Bilk; 8. California here I come Freddy Cannon; 9. This love I have for you Lance Fortune; 10. Cradle of love Johnny Preston.
March 27, 1961: 1. I told you so Jimmy Jones; 2= Once in a while The Chimes and I'm Hurtin' Roy Orbison; 4. Tear of the year Jackie Wilson; 5. Lazy river Bobby Darin; 6. Asia minor Kokomo; 7. Baby roo Connie Francis; 8. What a price Fats Domino; 9. Pony time Chubby Checker; 10. Good time baby Bobby Rydell.
March 28 1962: 1. Hey baby Bruce Channel; 2. What's your name Don & Juan; 3. Young world Rick Nelson; 4. Hey little girl Del Shannon; 5. Slow twisting Chubby Checker; 6. Bwa nina The Tokens; 7. Clown shoes Johnny Burnett; 8.When my little girl is smiling The Drifters; 9.Speak to me pretty Brenda Lee; 10. Lucky star Gene Vincent.
March 27, 1963: 1. You really got a hold on me The Miracles; 2= He's so fine The Chiffons and Sandy Dion; 4= Baby workout Jackie Wilson and Why do lovers break each others hearts Bon B Soxx & the Bluejeans; 6. Good golly Miss Molly Jerry Lee Lewis; 7. So it always will be Everly Brothers; 8. Remember me Johnny Burnett; 9. Walk like a man Four Seasons' 10= In dreams Roy Orbison and South Street The Orlons.
March 25, 1964: Fun fun fun The Beach Boys; 2. High heel sneakers Tommy Tucker; 3. Heigh ho Big Dee Irwin; 4. Good news Sam Cooke; 5. That girl belongs to yesterday Gene Pitney; 6. Hoochie coochie man Dion; 7. I'm on fire Jerry Lee Lewis; 8. Nadine Chuck Berry; 9. New Orleans Gary US Bonds; 10. I wonder The Crystals.
March 29, 1065: King of the road Roger Miller; 2. Voice your choice The Radiants; 3. Little things Bobby Goldsboro; 4. Don't mess up a good thing Bobby McClure & Fontella Bass; 5. Stop in the name of love The Supremes; 6. Hurt so bad Little Anthony & the Imperials; 7. Baby baby baby Anna King & Bobby Byrd; 8= My girl The Temptations and It's growing The Temptations; 10= Do you wanna dance The Beach Boys and Hold what you've got Joe Tex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home