Monday, August 07, 2006

More classic top tens

More of my personal top tens - 1960-65:
August 8, 1960: 1. Only the lonely - Roy Orbison; 2. Please help me I'm falling - Hank Lochlin; 3. Girl of my best friend - Elvis Presley; 4. Mission bell - Donnie Brooks; 5. It ain't gonna be that way - Marv Johnson; 6. Mess of blues - Elvis; 7. Alley oop - Hollywood Argylls; 8. Wonderful world - Sam Cooke; 9. When will I be loved - Everly Brothers; 10. I love the way you love - Marv Johnson.
August 5, 1961: 1. Girls - Johnny Burnette; 2= Sea of heartbreak - Don Gibson, and Baby face - Bobby Vee; 4. Tell me why - The Belmonts; 5. Quarter to three- U S Bonds; 6. The fish - Bobby Rydell; 7. How many tears - Bobby Vee; 8. Cupid - Sam Cooke; 9. Let's twist again - Chubby Checker; 10. Te ta te ta ta - Ernie K-Doe.
August 6, 1962: 1= Sealed with a kiss - Brian Hyland, and Lipstick traces - Benny Spellman; 3. Seven day weekend - Gary US Bonds; 4. Palisades Park - Freddy Cannon; 5. Dancing party - Chubby Checker; 6. I'll never dance again - Bobby Rydell; 7. Roses are red - Bobby Vinton; 8. Vacation - Connie Francis; 9. Itty bitty pieces - James Ray; 10. Life's too short - The Lafayettes.
August 7, 1963: 1. Come go with me - Dion; 2. Wipe out - The Surfaris; 3. Not me - The Orlons; 4. Go go go - Chuck Berry; 5. Easier said than done - The Essex; 6. Don't say goodnight and mean goodbye - The Shirelles; 7. Surf city - Jan & Dean; 8. Fingertips - Little Stevie Wonder; 9. Patti baby - Freddy Cannon; 10. One fine day - The Chiffons.
August 10, 1964: 1. I get around - The Beach Boys; 2. The best part of breaking up - The Ronettes; 3. Good times - Sam Cooke; 4. Dissatisfied woman - Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee; 5. I want to love him so bad - The Jelly Beans; 6. High priced woman - John Lee Hooker; 7. C'mon and swim - Bobby Freeman; 8. Soulful dress - Sugar Pie DeSanto; 9. Under the boardwalk - The Drifters; 10= Mockingbird - Inez & Charlie Foxx, Keep on pushing - The Impressions, and Mama keep your big mouth shut - Bo Diddley.
August 8, 1965: 1. It's wonderful to be in love - The Ovations; 2. In the midnight hour - Wilson Pickett; 3. Woman's got soul - The Impressions; 4. Respect - Otis Redding; 5. Woolly Bully - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs; 6. I can't help myself - The Four Tops; 7. Boomerang - Junior Walker; 8. Papa's got a brand new bag - James Brown; 9. It's the same old song - The Four Tops; 10. Incense - The Anglos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home