Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Some more fantastic top tens

More classic personal top tens from 1960 - 65. Some great records included:
Sept 19, 1960: 1. Chain gang - Sam Cooke; 2= I just go for you - Jimmy Jones, and Wondrous place - Billy Fury; 4= Walk don't run - The Ventures, and So sad - Everly Brothers; 6= You gotta move two mountains - Marv Johnson, and Dreamin' - Johnny Burnette; 8= MacDonald's cave - Piltdown Men, It ain't gonna be that way - Marv Johnson, and Rocking goose - Johnny & the Hurricanes.
Sept 21, 1961: 1. Cryin' - Roy Orbison; 2. Without you - Johnny Tillotson; 3. I like it like that - Chris Kenner; 4. Let the four winds blow - Fats Domino; 5. Hats off to Larry - Del Shannon; 6= You don't know what you've got - Ral Donner, Sweet little you - Neil Sedaka, and Muskrat - Everly Brothers; 9. More money for you and me - Four Preps; 10. Don't blame me - Everly Brothers.
Sept 20, 1962: 1. Let's dance - Chris Montez; 2. I wanna thank your folks - Johnny Burnette; 3. Welcome home baby - The Shirelles; 4. Point of no return - Gene McDaniels; 5. Sweet little sixteen - Jerry Lee Lewis; 6= Wait till the sun shines Nellie - Buddy Holly, Cry myself to sleep - Del Shannon, and When summer's gone - Freddy Cannon; 9= Little Diane - Dion, If a man answers - Bobby Darin, and It might as well rain until September - Carole King.
Sept 22, 1963: 1. Then he kissed me - The Crystals; 2. Pretty thing - Bo Diddley; 3= Frankie and Johnny - Sam Cooke, and Mean woman blues - Roy Orbison; 5= Donna the prima donna - Dion, Let it rock - Chuck Berry, and My boyfriend's back - The Angels; 8. Monkey time - Major Lance; 9. Memphis Tennessee - Chuck Berry; 10. Mickey's monkey - The Miracles.
Sept 21, 1964: 1. Where did our love go - The Supremes; 2. Pretty woman - Roy Orbison; 3. Rhythm - Major Lance; 4. Baby I need your loving - Four Tops; 5. Bread and butter - The Newbeats; 6= Little old lady from Pasadena - Jan and Dean, and Out of sight - James Brown; 8= Try it baby - Marvin Gaye, and My babe - Little Walter; 10= Let it be me - Betty Everett & Jerry Butler, and Ain't nothing you can do - Bobby Bland.
Sept 18, 1965: 1. In the midnight hour - Wilson Pickett; 2. Respect - Otis Redding; 3. California girls - The Beach Boys; 4. Action - Freddy Cannon; 5. Ju ju hand- Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs; 6. Last love, last kiss, goodbye - Joe Williams; 7. Papa's got a brand new bag - James Brown; 8. Since I lost my baby - The Temptations; 9. I put a spell on you - Nina Simone; 10. If I didn't love you - Chuck Jackson.

2 Comments:

At 2:19 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then He Kissed Me - by the Ronettes?

 
At 3:55 pm , Blogger Nick said...

Congratulations on spotting the not so deliberate mistake.... I have now changed it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home