Friday, April 14, 2006

More top tens

Here are my personal top tens from around this date 1960 to 1965:
April 15, 1960: 1. Stuck on you, Elvis Presley; 2. Country boy, Fats Domino; 3. Stairway to heaven, Neil Sedaka; 4. Someone else's baby, Adam Faith; 5. Sweet Nuthin's, Brenda Lee; 6. What in the world's come over you, Jack Scott; 7. He'll have to go, Jim Reeves; 8. Who could be bluer, Jerry Lordan; 9. Handy man, Jimmy Jones; 10= Summer set, Acker Bilk and Cathy's clown, Everly Brothers.
April 14, 1961: 1. On the rebound, Floyd Cramer; 2. Theme from Dixie, Duane Eddy; 3. Little boy sad, Johnny Burnett; 4. That's it I quit I'm movin' on, Sam Cooke; 5. More than I can say, Bobby Vee; 6. You're driving me crazy, Temperance Seven; 7. Blue Moon, The Marcels; 8. I told you so, Jimmy Jones; 9. Once in a while, The Chimes; 10= Happy days, Marv Johnson, and Ain't that just like a woman, Fats Domino.
April 18, 1962: 1. Salvation, Johnny & the Hurricanes; 2. King of clowns, Neil Sedaka; 3= Come back silly girl, The Lettermen, and A night at Daddy Gee's, Curtis Lee; 5= What'd I say, Jerry Lee Lewis, and What's your name, Don & Juan; 7. Love letters, Ketty Lester; 8. Hey little girl, Del Shannon; 9. Clown shoes, Johnny Burnett; 10. What's so good about goodbye, The Miracles.
April 18, 1963: 1. He's so fine, The Chiffons; 2. Two kinds of teardrops, Del Shannon; 3= Don't say nothing bad, The Cookies, Baby workout, Jackie Wilson, and Do the bird, Dee Dee Sharp; 6. Why do lovers break each other's hearts, Bob B Soxx & the Blue Jeans; 7. Sandy, Dion; 8. How can I forget, Ben E King; 9. My way, Eddie Cochran; 10= You really got a hold on me, The Miracles, and Let's stomp, Bobby Comstock.
April 14, 1964: 1. Walk on by, Dionne Warwick; 2. Lewis boogie, Jerry Lee Lewis; 3. High heel sneakers, Tommy Tucker; 4. Shoop shoop song, Betty Everett; 5. Ain't that loving you baby, Everly Brothers; 6= Fun fun fun, The Beach Boys, and Suspicion, Terry Stafford; 8. I'm a lover not a fighter, Lazy Lester; 9. Dawn (Go away). Four Seasons; 10. I'm on fire, Jerry Lee Lewis.
April 19, 1965: 1. People get ready, The Impressions; 2. I'll be doggone, Marvin Gaye; 3. It's got the whole world shaking, Sam Cooke; 4. Got to get you off my mind, Solomon Burke; 5. The clapping song, Shirley Ellis; 6. Don't mess up a good thing, Bobby McClure & Fontella Bass; 7. It's growing, The Temptations; 8. It's gonna be all right, Maxine Brown; 9. Voice your choice, The Radiants; 10. Stop in the name of love, The Supremes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home