Sunday, November 05, 2006

More classic top tens


Here they are once again, my top tens as recorded at the time from around this date 1960-65:
Nov 7, 1960: 1. Blue angel - Roy Orbison; 2. Devil or angel - Bobby Vee; 3= Learning the game - Buddy Holly, & Save the last dance for me - The Drifters; 5. It's now or never - Elvis Presley; 6. You've got to move two mountains - Marv Johnson; 7. Let the good times roll - Shirley & Lee; 8. I just go for you - Jimmy Jones; 9. Humdinger - Freddy Cannon; 10. My heart has a mind of its own - Connie Francis.
Nov 6, 1961: 1. Take good care of my baby - Bobby Vee; 2. Take five - Dave Brubeck; 3. Feel it - Sam Cooke; 4. Under the moon of love - Curtis Lee; 5. This time - Troy Shondell; 6. The twist - Chubby Checker; 7. As long as I live - Jerry Lee Lewis; 8. His latest flame - Elvis Presley; 9. Heartaches - The Marcels; 10. The fly - Chubby Checker.
Nov 7, 1962: 1. He's a rebel - The Crystals; 2. Nothing can change this love - Sam Cooke; 3. Next door to an angel - Neil Sedaka; 4. Working for the man - Roy Orbison; 5. Baby face - Bobby Darin; 6. The cha cha cha - Bobby Rydell; 7. No one can make my sunshine smile - Everly Brothers; 8. Pop pop popeye - The Sherrys; 9. Let's dance - Chris Montez; 10= Do you love me - The Contours, & Did you ever see a dream walking - Fats Domino.
Nov 4, 1963: 1. Be my baby - The Ronettes; 2. The girl sang the blues - Everly Brothers; 3. Walking the Dog - Rufus Thomas; 4. Deep purple - Nino Tempo & April Stevens; 5. Honolulu Lulu - Jan & Dean; 6. Let it rock - Chuck Berry; 7. What does a girl do - Everly Brothers; 8. Talk to me - Sunny & the Sunglows; 9. Busted - Ray Charles; 10. The trouble with boys - Little Eva.
Nov 6, 1964: 1. When I grow up - The Beach Boys; 2. Ain't that loving you baby - Elvis Presley; 3. Dancing in the street - Martha & the Vandellas; 4. He's in town - The Tokens; 5. That's where it's at - Sam Cooke; 6. Little Honda - The Hondells; 7. Ride the wild surf - Jan & Dean; 8. GTO - Ronny & the Daytonas; 9. Baby I need your loving - Four Tops; 10. Out of sight - James Brown.
Nov 2, 1965: 1. Treat her right - Roy Head; 2. 1-2-3 - Len Barry; 3. Sugar dumplings - Sam Cooke; 4. Cry no more - Ben E King; 5. No pity in the naked city - Jackie Wilson; 6. These hands - Bobby Bland; 7. It's too late baby - Arthur Prysock; 8. Go now - Bessie banks; 9. I found a girl - Jan & Dean; 10. In the midnight hour - Wilson Pickett.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home