Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Happy birthday Chuck

I really couldn't let today go by without wishing a happy 80th birthday to the great Chuck Berry. Chuck can lay claim to being possibly the most influential figure in pop music over the last 50 years. His classic recordings from the late 50s and early 60s have stood the test of time and have been the inspiration for countless others who have followed in his wake. His live performances have sometimes been criticised for their brevity or lack of polish, largely due to the fact that usually plays with pick up bands. But I have never failed to enjoy at least parts of his shows and for me the very fact that he is still here, playing his guitar like ringing a bell and doing his duck walk, are enough to send me home happy.
Chuck, you have lit up my life and that of millions of fans the world over. Best wishes from a fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home